PARIS – The European Commission is seeking input from auto makers on whether the region’s existing patchwork of national passenger-car taxation laws needs to be reformed and replaced with a more harmonized European Union-wide system. The EC is particularly interested in whether there is support for replacing registration taxes with taxes based on carbon dioxide emissions, which would help the EU meet its Kyoto Protocol global warming commitments. Among the proposals under consideration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EC Seeks Feedback on Vehicle Taxation Changes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642