Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. reportedly is temporarily halting sales of its new '06 Eclipse sport coupe to fix a defect with the vehicle's vacuum brake booster. Some 1,185 vehicles are said to have the fault, but only 44 of those have been sold. At a recent Eclipse media event in Detroit, Mike Krebs, vice president-product strategy, MMNA, told Ward's the first new Eclipse was sold May 20. Production, however, has not been halted at Mitsubishi's Normal, IL, plant, which builds ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eclipse Sales Temporarily Halted to Fix Brakes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642