GENEVA – A low-cost air-conditioning system developed in Taiwan and unveiled at the recent International Inventors Exhibition here, exploits the principle of absorption rather than the compression refrigeration design used by every transportation vehicle. One of the worst offenders in parasitic losses, a typical A/C compressor can use as much as 10% of the total power from small engines. The new system’s principle is comparable to that of gas- or propane-fueled domestic refrigerators ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Economical A/C Eliminates Compressor, Engine Drag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642