SOUTHFIELD, MI – “We are in an incredible period of competition,” economist Garel Rhys, director of Cardiff University’s Centre for Automotive Industry Research, says here at a Society of Automotive Analysts conference. Although the myriad of choices make this is a great time to be a car buyer, it is not necessarily a great time for manufacturers, says Rhys. Analysts say auto makers will be not able to resist the allure of low-cost manufacturing regions. However, he predicts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Economist: Competition Fierce; Demand Not Yet at Peak" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642