Inserting a pivoted lever between the connecting rod's big end and its crankpin enables varying both the cubic displacement and compression ratio of a running engine, and thus optimize its performance according to instantaneous power demand. This is the Variable Motion Engine project unveiled in Britain by the Mayflower Corp. plc, a major international engineering group specializing in auto bodies and related structures. It is the outcome of an ll-year research and development program, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Economy engine varies displacement, CR" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642