Inviting designers into the engine compartment? Purists might argue that’s downright frivolous, like hiring an interior decorator to fix up a mechanic’s garage. Yet anyone who has ever admired a gleaming set of custom rocker-arm covers or gawked at a tricked-out hot-rod understands that the real estate underneath the hood can sometimes be beautiful, and offers a new design frontier for mass-market cars and trucks. Automakers are starting to realize this, too, as they strive to give their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Engine bay 'design' gets newfound attention" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642