STRASBOURG, France – On the 108th anniversary of Fiat Automobile SpA’s birth July 11, Fiat Group CEO Sergio Marchionne meets with an informal group of European Parliament and European Commission members in the European Parliament Building here to argue the push for a massive improvement in fuel efficiency by 2012 is a mistake that could drive the automotive industry out of Europe. There is irony in his position. Fiat, itself, likely could meet the proposed fleet carbon dioxide average ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU Rush to Radically Reduce CO2 by 2012 Mistake, Fiat CEO Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642