LONDON – The European Commission finally has adopted technical specifications needed to launch the long-awaited European Electronic Toll Service. Electronic toll systems were introduced in several European Union countries in the early 1990s. Most systems operate with an onboard unit (OBU) communicating the vehicle’s characteristics, such as weight and size, to road operators in order to determine the toll. Once up and running, the EC’s new toll system, originally slated for introduction ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Europe to Adopt Single Road-Toll System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642