PARIS – Plastic composites continue to find structural applications in European cars. The co-winners of the prize for automotive innovations at the annual JEC composites show held here April 1-3 were both structural parts. The plastic composite rear floor for the new Renault Megane has been in production since July 2002. The other winner, a carbon fiber inner trunk lid, was developed as a proof-of-concept by Volkswagen AG and DaimlerChrysler AG. Inoplast SA, a French plastic processor, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Composite Innovations Honored at Annual Show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642