A European project says it is working with tire giant Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. to commercialize tire sensors that can warn motorists of potential blowouts, skids, hydroplaning and other potentially dangerous occurrences. The Eureka research network’s Tyresense project says it is “ready to hit the ground running” with the sensors, which are a few square millimeters in size and embedded into tire treads. The wireless devices are linked to antennae in vehicle wheel casings and can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Project Develops New Tire Sensor Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642