LONDON – The squeal of vehicle brakes is not only irritating – and sometimes frightening – but it also can cause reduced system performance, leading to huge warranty payouts. But the problem can be eliminated if brake manufacturers exploit new collective research by German brake-supplier Robert Bosch GmbH, LMS International of Belgium and the Vrije Universiteit of Brussels. A brake noise team representing the three entities used laser beams to measure vibrations and found ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Research Team Finds Brake Noise Solvable" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642