PARIS – Toyota Motor Corp. has a policy in Europe to have half of its supply base European, but that strategy makes hard work for the 130 people in the purchasing department in Brussels. “If it were left to occur naturally, Japanese suppliers would dominate because of the quality,” says Jean-Christophe DeVille, senior purchasing manager for Toyota Motor Europe. “We have to work hard to keep it even.” In a presentation to an industry audience sponsored by the French magazine L’Usine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Suppliers Learning to Meet Toyota Quality Targets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642