As Ford’s electric-vehicle program unfolds, researchers are painstakingly studying the needs and wants of potential owners, scrutinizing every detail to ensure they have the right solution. The latest to go under the microscope is the charger port. Determining the optimal location for the port is essential, as Ford research indicates an EV owner is likely to plug in or disconnect his car four times a day, or nearly 1,500 times a year. Ford, which plans to unveil its Focus EV later ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EV Charging Serious Business at Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642