CHICAGO – Now that “Cash for Clunkers” has cleared excess inventory from dealer lots, what will ensure a slimmed-down General Motors Co. maintains its shape? “Discipline,” says Steve Hill, general manager-retails sales support. “Keeping inventory under control isn’t a short-term strategy. Excess production isn't a winning strategy.” Thanks to the U.S. government’s Cash for Clunkers incentive program, GM ended August with 373,192 light vehicles in stock, according to Ward’s data, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Exec Says GM Will Keep Inventories in Check" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642