Ford Motor Co. will add independent rear suspension (IRS) to its Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator line, Ward's has learned. It mimics IRS as a new feature on '02 Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer. That coincides with the addition of an optional fold-flat, third-row seat that required a lower floor, meaning the vehicle's solid-axle suspension had to go. Expedition, introduced as a '97 model, will get its first redesign next year when it will be sold as an '03. The current model has a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Expedition-Navigator to get IRS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642