DETROIT – Mid-year modifications to ’02 Ford Explorer and its Mercury mate – Mountaineer – boost their crash test performance, earning each a “best pick” designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Less impressive are results recorded by ’02 Jeep Liberty and ’02 Isuzu Rodeo. Their outcomes are deemed “marginal” in this latest round of analysis, which brings to 11 the number of all-new or significantly modified midsize SUVs evaluated by the IIHS for frontal offset ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Explorer, Mountaineer Excel in Crash Test" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642