MUMBAI â€“ Indiaâ€™s June new-car sales inched up 1.5% to 143,370 units, Wardâ€™s data shows, but the saving grace was deliveries of utility vehicles and vans, which climbed 19.7% to 80,023, including exports, according to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers. As a result, total light-vehicle sales saw a somewhat respectable 7.4% gain for the month to 223,393 units, though pale in comparison with last yearâ€™s double-digit returns. â€œThe low in the passenger-vehicle segment was because ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Exports Help Shore Up Indiaâ€™s Weak Vehicle Sales in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642