DETROIT – The Lexus IS-F officially establishes the F series for Toyota Motor Corp.’s luxury brand, with more vehicles to come. The “F” is an internal engineering code that harkens back to the initial Lexus brand when it was created 20 years ago, known as “Circle-F.” First out of the chute is the IS-F, with a 5L DOHC V-8 expected to produce more than 400 hp and 350 lb.-ft. (474 Nm) of torque. It is slated to begin production late this year, for sale in January 2008 as an ’08 model, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"'F' to Mark Future Lexus Performance Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642