BEIJING — Don't look now but China's much-awaited “family car” already is here, unheralded, unannounced and unofficial. It's called an “agricultural vehicle” (AV). Outside the sprawling cities, in the countryside where 70% of China's 1.3 billion people still live, a visitor finds increased prosperity resulting from the market reforms introduced in 1978. Not only is this stable environment yielding new farm houses, it is spawning 3- and 4-wheel AVs that do what has to be done down on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Farm vehicle becomes China's true people's car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642