Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus division says it already has 7,000 advance orders for the SC430, its much-anticipated first convertible, due to hit the market in March as an '02 model. The automaker anticipates first-year sales of 12,000 units, easing off to 10,000 in subsequent years. The vehicle also will be sold in Japan, Europe and Australia, but the U.S. will get the bulk of its total 15,000-unit annual output. The SC430, distinctive because of a convertible roof that retracts with one ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fast Start for SC430; IS300 Wagon on Tap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642