CHANGCHUN — FAW-Volkswagen Co. Ltd. reports a profit of RMB20 million (US$2.4 million) for 1998. The venture says it attained its production target of 60,118 Jetta cars and 6,000 Audi cars in 1998. The totals represent a 37% and 137% respective rise over the previous year. FAW-VW sold 60,328 Jettas and 5,709 Audis in 1998, rising 43% and 162%, respectively, over 1997, and improving the automaker's market share by 12% year-on-year. The venture also produced 32,000 cylinder shells for its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW-Volkswagen sees year-end profits; reaches production goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642