Trying desperately to ease consumer hysteria, cooperate with federal investigators and maintain momentum in high-profit sport/utility vehicle sales, Ford Motor Co. launches a full-scale public relations campaign related to the massive Firestone tire recall. The week began with Ford Chief Executive Jacques Nasser airing a plea for calm during ABC's Monday Night Football, followed later by a Ford press conference updating progress in the recall. Finally, congressional investigators arrived ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Feds Step Up Tire Recall Involvement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642