The U.S. Department of Transportation and National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. reveal the first results of an upgraded 5-star safety-rating system, which for the first time considers side-pole crash testing and collision-prevention technologies. The New Car Assessment Program also uses female crash-test dummies, in addition to male dummies, for the first time in its 32 years of operation. Previously, NHTSA tested only for frontal-, side-crash and rollover resistance. The government ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fewer 5-Star Performers in Stricter U.S. Crash-Testing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642