TURIN – Fiat Automobiles SpA is planning to launch a new city car smaller than the Cinquecento (500) that will be powered by a new 2-cyl. engine, Fiat SpA CEO Sergio Marchionne confirms. Marchionne, speaking to a meeting of the UIGA, the Italian auto writers group, says he would love to call the new model the Topolino, hearkening back to a nickname used by the media and public for a series of Fiat 500s sold before and after World War II. That could be problematic, however, as Topolino ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Confirms Topolino Entry Car in Works" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642