Fiat Auto SpA is planning a 1-week layoff for as many as 2,700 workers at various facilities throughout Italy during the month of January, Reuters reports. The auto maker blames the layoffs on lackluster demand for Fiat vehicles in the European market. Fiat is allowed to carry out the short-term layoffs under Italy’s labor laws.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Forces Layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642