Fiat SpA has no plans to sell its Fiat Auto unit to General Motors Corp., Fiat Chairman Paolo Fresco says. While Fiat recently announced a restructuring of its automotive operations, Fresco says he expects his company to return to profitability by the end of 2002. Fiat Auto sold a 20% equity stake to GM in March 2000 and has an option to sell the remaining 80% to GM by 2004. Fresco says Fiat Auto plans to remain independent. “Since in business you can never say never, let’s say the sale ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Fiat To Remain Independent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.