TURIN – Talks are intensifying between Fiat Group Automobiles SpA and BMW AG over potential technology and platform sharing, insiders say. The hush-hush negotiations are said to be picking up pace at the urging of Fiat-Chrysler Group LLC CEO Sergio Marchionne. BMW would share some components and purchasing with Fiat and Chrysler, while the Italian auto maker would provide small, fuel-efficient engines for BMW’s Mini and Megacities models. Sources say the proposed tie-up would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Said to Be Stepping Up Talks With BMW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642