TURIN – When Fiat Auto SpA signed an alliance agreement with General Motors Corp. in 1999, the Italian auto maker was little more than a year away from launching a compact, Mitsubishi-based off-road vehicle. Fiat abandons Mitsubishi Pinin as base for new SUV in favor of Suzuki’s new Concept S platform. The project was abandoned and work hastily begun on a replacement vehicle. The resulting Fiat-Suzuki, styled by Giorgetto Giugiaro’s ItalDesign SpA and to be built in Suzuki Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat, Suzuki Debate Upcoming SUV Powertrain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642