If Fiat Auto SpA and Ford Motor Co. finalize their agreement to co-develop a pair of sub-B segment cars for the European market, Fiat will take the engineering lead. “If the project goes ahead, it's on our platform,” Sergio Marchionne, Fiat CEO, tells Ward's. The auto makers last month signed a memorandum of understanding to explore a joint venture that would see the return of the Fiat Seicento minicar in late 2007. For Ford, the project would yield the replacement for the Ka in 2008. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Would Take Lead in Ford Small-Car Partnership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642