TURIN — Don't judge Fiat SpA's Ecobasic by its appearance. Despite the bizarre styling, this is no comic-strip cartoon car but a serious attempt at creating a low-cost, in every sense of the term, small car. Conceived by a team that Fiat claims had “been released from all constraints,” the Ecobasic is an innovative mobile laboratory for the future of affordable, green motoring. If it was going to be sold globally, it had to be simple, rational, reliable and pass the tough 2005 emission ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat's Ecobasic not just for environmental dreamers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642