An assembly plant operated by Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd., owned 56% by Toyota Motor Corp. and one of two Japanese plants building the popular Prius hybrid-electric vehicle, is expected to resume output Monday, Nov. 28, following a fire that shut down operations late yesterday. It took firefighters about four hours to extinguish the blaze that began around 6 p.m. Monday and caused damage to the Fujimatsu, Japan, plant's paint shop but resulted in no injuries. Along with the Prius, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fire Halts Output at Prius Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642