The long-awaited arrival of the Maybach ultra-luxury sedan is about to reach its climax as DaimlerChrysler AG sends the first issue on an 8-day voyage across the Atlantic Ocean aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2, bound for New York City. After an absence of more than 60 years, the auto maker decided to resurrect the super car to compete against brands such as BMW AG’s new Rolls-Royce that debuts in January. The Maybach left port June 24, after rolling off the assembly line earlier in the day ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"First Maybach Sails High Seas for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642