Ford Australia says reversing its decision to build the Focus small car locally was the right one, but it is facing short-term supply constraints as a result. The latest Focus hatchbacks and sedans on sale in Australia are sourced from Germany, until production for the Australian market moves to Thailand in mid-2012. Company president Bob Graziano tells The Age newspaper the decision to not build locally will cost Ford Australia sales for about a year, as the supply of Focuses from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Focus Supplies Tight, But Ford Australia Chief Defends Sourcing Choice" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642