DEARBORN, MI — Ford Motor Co. and Qualcomm Inc. announce the formation of a new joint venture in telematics, dubbed Wing-cast. Wingcast will develop and deliver wireless information, Internet access and safety services to Ford automobile customers. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. also will be in the fold as it plans to incorporate Wingcast services into its higher-end Nissan and Infiniti luxury models for '01. The new San Diego-based company will become a comprehensive provider of telematics ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford and Qualcomm going mobile" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642