In a consent judgment, Ford Motor Co. and Carroll Shelby will be able to retain rights to the famous Cobra name, trademark and/or derivates, but Shelby loses the shape of the car in a judgment for Factory Five Racing Inc., the largest maker of Cobra replicas worldwide. The case brought against Factory Five by Shelby and Ford stretched for a period of two years, with Shelby losing a bid last October to shut down Factory Five during a motion for a preliminary injunction. Shelby had wanted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford and Shelby Keep Cobra Name, Lose Cobra Shape" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642