The government’s recent “Cash for Clunkers” incentive program helped propel Ford Motor Co. to its second consecutive sales increase in August. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin., which oversaw the clunkers program, Ford vehicles accounted for 14.4% of the nearly 700,000 vouchers processed. Ford’s combined fleet and retail light-vehicle sales in August rose 22.2% on a daily basis, compared with year-ago (26 selling days vs. 27 in like-2008), to 179,644 units. And it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford August Sales Propelled by Clunkers Program, Increasing Consumer Acceptance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642