MELBOURNE -- Ford Motor Co. Australia Ltd. plans to hire more workers to speed up construction of a production line for a new model due to go on sale here in late 2003. "We are expanding rather than cutting down and before Christmas advertised for workers, including (50) apprentices. So (we) are, in fact, increasing our workforce," a company spokeswoman says. "Ford in Australia has had its plans to move forward into the next couple of years approved, and we're sticking with that. So ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Builds New Production Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642