Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is joining the move to use space-saving spare tires in its new vehicles, saying a fullsize spare gives it no commercial advantage in the market. The Falcon model range will have the smaller spare tires as standard equipment beginning in October, Ford Australia President Tom Gorman says. Ford criticized competitor GM Holden Ltd. when it launched its VE Commodore range with a space-saving spare last year, saying it had no plans to follow suit. “Since ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Opts for Smaller Spares; Drops Barra V-8" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642