DEARBORN, MI – When it comes to battery technology, the automotive industry beats aerospace hands down, a top Ford researcher says. Bob Taenaka, Ford battery technical lead, spent more than a decade designing batteries for spacecraft while working for Hughes Aerospace. After moving to Ford 10 years ago, he found it much harder to design batteries for automobiles than for rocket ships. “There’s a better-controlled set of circumstances for spacecraft batteries,” Taenaka says during a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Battery Researchers Shoot for the Stars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642