Ford Motor Co. begins production of the new ’07 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX cross/utility vehicles at its Oakville, Ont., Canada, assembly plant. The success of the CUVs, particularly the Edge, is of utmost importance to Ford, which is in the midst of a massive restructuring of its North American operations and desperately needs a hit to prop up flagging sales. “We feel we have the right product, at the right time, in the right segment,” says Mark Fields, president-The Americas, in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Begins Production of Edge, MKX" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642