Ford Motor Co. says it has more customers than cars for its upcoming '02 Thunderbird set to go on sale this summer. Ford Div. President Jim O'Connor says the automaker has 14,000 orders but will only get 11,000 copies of the coupe this year to distribute among its 4,100 dealers. Mr. O'Connor says dealers have been asked to show restraint when it comes to pricing. “We've told dealers this car is meant to polish the Ford oval, it's not about how much they can make over sticker.” Next ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Braces for Shortage of T'Birds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642