Ford Motor Co. says its third-quarter production will fall 4% below like-2003 levels, following the second-straight month of sales declines vs. year-ago. The lower production will help reduce inventory, which consists mostly of ’04 models projected to be more costly to market this summer than incoming ’05 models, Ford Sales Analysis Manager George Pipas says. Lincoln Navigator sales struggled again in May. Ford’s current inventory of 932,000 vehicles is down 21,000 units from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Build Fewer Vehicles in Q3, Schedules Downtime" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642