Ford Motor Co. ends months of speculation regarding more auto industry mergers as it acquires AB Volvo's passenger-car division for $6.45 billion. Ford and Volvo executives announced the proposed deal late last month. For Ford, it means access to different types of luxury car buyers and a more expansive worldwide dealer network. For Volvo Cars, the deal means a more secure future through increased financial resources, greater economies of scale and the chance for a broader product range. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford buys Volvo in latest industry blockbuster" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642