Ford Motor Co. shutters its Maumee, OH, stamping plant this week ahead of schedule. The facility originally was to cease operations next year as part of the auto maker’s ongoing Way Forward restructuring strategy. The plant was closed early to “increase efficiencies,” a spokeswoman tells Ward’s. Maumee’s 70 some employees were offered a choice of a buyout package or relocation to another Ford facility, the spokeswoman says. A group headed by United Auto Workers union Local 1892, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Closes Stamping Plant, Suspends Super-Duty Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642