Ford Motor Co.’s financing arm, Ford Credit, says it will cease leasing Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles in New York after July 9 due to the state’s vicarious liability law. The law, which holds finance companies accountable for the accidents of their lease customers, has been the subject of much derision amongst leasing companies. (See related story: Honda Finance to Suspend Leasing Operations in Three States) Ford Credit says the failure of the New York state legislature to reform ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Credit No Longer Leasing in NY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642