LAKE HAVASU, AZ – Ford Motor Co. is looking to wrestle business away from aftermarket trailer brake-controller companies by offering a factory-installed controller on ’05 F-Super Duty pickups (F-250 through F-550 trucks). Ford’s factory-installed brake controller debuts on ’05 Super Duty. About 70% of Ford’s 360,000 Super Duty customers buy an aftermarket controller for extreme towing needs, says Phil O’Connor, marketing manager-Super Duty. Brake controllers traditionally coordinate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Cuts In on Trailer Brake-Control Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642