Ultrasonic aluminum welding may soon replace conventional methods. An award of $4.4 million to Ford Motor Co. may lead to the development of lighter weight vehicles in the future. Provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the award will deliver research funding to Ford in conjunction with partners American Technology, Sonobond Ultrasonics and the Edison Welding Institute. Together, they will work towards developing ultrasonic metal welding, capable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Develop New Welding Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642