DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. is formulating an incentive package to combat the one being offered by General Motors Corp. “Obviously, we have to respond,” Ford Division President Jim O’Connor says, adding the auto maker is considering “four or five” formulas. GM last week announced it is giving consumers a $2,002 rebate on a wide range of vehicles, replacing its 0% financing scheme. The earlier plan launched an incentive war during the fourth quarter of ’01 that ensnared several auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Devising Incentive Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642