Ford Motor Co. confirms production of the Mercury Monterey minivan will cease in August at its Oakville, Ont., Canada, plant. Sales of the Monterey, launched in 2003 as an ’04 model, peaked in calendar 2004 at 17,407 units, Ward’s data shows. Through June, just 2,312 Montereys have been sold this year, a 40.4% drop from year-ago. “It’s not a question of (the Monterey) under performing, but as we make our way forward this is a decision we made,” a Ford spokeswoman tells Ward’s. Sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Discontinue Mercury Monterey Minivan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642