A strong North American performance helped Ford Motor Co. offset its poor results overseas and cruise to a record operating profit of $2.48 billion for the second quarter, a 4% jump from like-1998. Ford continued to generate most of its profit in the U.S., with sales of pickups, sport/utility vehicles and minivans leading the way. Ford sold 1.237 million vehicles in the second quarter in North America, 679,000 of those sales were trucks sold in the U.S. Car sales for Ford in the U.S. also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Earnings Set Record in Second Quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642